Fall

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Trash or Treasure?







We recently had big trash day here in our neighborhood. You always see "those people" who drive around and pick things out of other people's trash piles...well this time that was me. On top of the million and one things I'm doing to get ready for Olivia, I thought, a couple more projects....why not! And I think I got some pretty good stuff! First off, I absolutely cannot throw things away unless they are completely broken and unusable. So, when I see something that has nothing wrong with it (other than being ugly), I have the urge to pick it up and give some life back to it. I picked up two different projects this time

#1 Four black chairs that were in good condition, but had some very, very worn out seat cushions.
#2 Two retro lamp shades that are HUGE. But pretty cool.


Project #1

I happened to have some leftover fabric here at the house that worked great to recover the seat cushions. The ONLY thing I did to these chairs was use my fabric and recover them. Took about 30 minutes. Posted them on Craigslist, and $20 later, I'm satisfied with my big trash day find.
BEFORE:




AFTER:



Project #2
There was just something about these lampshades that was calling my name. I think Michael thought I was nuts (maybe he still does). I decided to do the whole burlap thing and cover both of the lampshades. I then made one for our bedroom, and one for a floor lamp in Olivia's nursery. I love them both!
BEFORE:



AFTER:

Olivia's nursery






Our room



Can't wait to see what treasures I'll find next time!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about having a hard time throwing things away.

    I love what you did with your finds - so creative & cute!!

    ReplyDelete